After commenting on her blog Abbiegrrl asked if I’d share a gratitude list on my blog. So here is today’s ten top things I’m grateful for…
- I haven’t had a drink today
- I haven’t wanted a drink today
- Love of my family
- Laughing with friends and family about life’s little trials e.g. my train being delayed for over 30mins due to “a badger on the line”
- The sober communities that remind me every day why I need to make sure I maintain my sobriety
- Always great music I can find to listen to
- Where I live – both my house and the country I’m lucky to be a native of
- Feeling healthy
- My wealth – both financially and in other respects
- Being able to feel without being numbed by alcohol
The top two are my constants – well number one has been for 11+ years and hopefully for a few more days to come. Number 2 has had to be struck off the list from time to time but generally these days is an ever present gratitude to not have that graving and obsession.
3 – 10 ebb and flow but Love of my family, my sober communities my feeling wealthy and lucky to live where I do in SE England all are regular things I need to remind myself I should be very grateful for.